In partnership with the New Jersey State Council on the Arts, we offer ArtHelps Local Arts Program Grants to provide access to quality arts experiences in Monmouth County communities. Each year, the program supports more than 2,500 high-quality, low-cost exhibitions, concerts, performances, workshops, and arts festivals that serve over 700,000 children and adults.
Eligible recipients include Monmouth County nonprofit arts organizations and community groups with arts programs that provide excellent arts events that are accessible and beneficial to the public. Organizations must be able to complete all reporting necessary by the deadlines in order to accept public funds, including application, a contract, an interim report and a final report. Applicants must have sufficient cash flow to support their organization, program project or event as grant funds are allocated over 3 payments of 50%, 25% and 25%.
Types of grants include General Operating Support (GOS) for arts organizations, General Program Support (GPS) for other types of non-profit organizations that have significant arts programs, Special Project Support (SP) for all types of non-profit organizations, Small Scale Arts (SSA) and Technical Assistance (TA). Applicants that do not have IRS tax exempt status but meet all other criteria and have a fiscal sponsor may apply for a Technical Assistance Grant or a Mini Grant only.
Monmouth Arts offers $500 Mini-Grants throughout the year for arts projects to new and emerging organizations, and organizations only requiring a small amount of funding. Organizations can apply for one mini grant per fiscal year. Applicants must match each grant dollar with one dollar of unrestricted funds. Organizations that receive an ArtHelps Local Arts Program Grant are not eligible during the same fiscal year. Mini Grants have a simple application process and a short time frame from application to award. There are no more Mini-Grants available for Fiscal Year 2016.
GRANT WORKSHOPS are held each year in May to provide step-by-step assistance with the Monmouth Arts application process and ADA requirements. Offered free of charge, these workshops are a valuable resource for those considering applying for any type of grant. Need help with ADA planning? Visit the New Jersey Theatre Alliance’s Cultural Access Network Project for resources and the recommended self-assessment survey tool.
Grant Period January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017
- Grant Workshops including ADA requirements: Monday May 2, 2016 at 6:30 pm or Tuesday May 3, 2016 at 10:00 am. Register: email@example.com
- Strategic Planning Workshop with Pat Richter: Wednesday May 11, 2016 at 6:30 pm. Free for members, $20 for nonmembers. Register: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FY 2017 Applications due Monday June 13, 2016 by 4:00 pm
- Notification of Successful Award September 2016
- 1st 50% payment sent February 2017 (as long as complete grant agreement has been submitted)
- Interim Reports due July 2017
- 2nd payment of 25% sent once funds are received from NJSCA
- Final Reports Due January 2018
- Final payment of 25% sent once funds are received from NJSCA
Questions? Contact Danielle Acerra, Community Engagement Manager: email@example.com or 732-212-1890 x 3